Monday, March 14, 2016
The eighth grade class sells plants every spring to fund their Shakespeare Festival trip in May. We hope you will look over it and consider ordering with Cascade Heights to buy starts for your garden this year. Please fill out the order form, enclose payment (payable to CHPCS), and send back to school, where an eighth grader will collect it from our classroom. Orders are due , and will be available for pickup from school on . You can view the fundraiser plants available for purchase at www.newleafgreenhouse.com.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Our annual celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday is coming up! Please join us for Family Reading Night on sign up for two sessions of literacy fun. At , join us in the gym for birthday cake and to watch an exhibition Battle of the Books bout between students and teachers!, starting at . Adult/child pairs
Please note that folks MUST sign up beforehand, and children MUST be accompanied by an adult in each session. Younger siblings are also welcome (just be sure to sign them up, too!).
During the school day, children may dress as their favorite literary character (some restrictions apply). Teachers will clarify expectations for their class, but your child should 1) bring a copy of the book, 2) be prepared to read a favorite passage out of it, 3) be able to engage in regular learning and physical activity in their costume. While comic books, Disney books, and graphic novels are great fun to read, we request that your child choose a more "literary" literary character.
Friday, February 5, 2016
Apple of My Eye has noticed that some of the school photos that were purchased by the parents as a digital download have NOT yet been downloaded.
The files will only be available to download until. After that date, the files will be deleted from the server.
They have asked us to let the families know that IF they purchased a digital download and HAVE NOT yet downloaded it,now’s the time to do it.
The link to download their digital file(s) is contained in the email titled ORDER CONFIRMATION that they received from Apple of My Eye Photography. They should search their email inbox/junk for those key words to access the download link.
If you have already downloaded the digital file(s), no further action is needed
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
A Note From Mr. Weaver
Hello 4th Grade Families,I hope you had a wonderful break. It was really nice to see all the students today!
I wanted to let you know that the 4th graders will be starting the archery unit this week. Last year was the first year we were able to do it and it was a success. Combining archer with the reading of Robin Hood is a great way to collaborate with Ms. Cantin and bring the book to life.
School Closure or Late Start
Cascade Heights follows North Clackamas School Closure Policy.
Ways to find out:
If schools are closed or delayed, information will be provided in the following locations. (If schools are open as scheduled, these locations will not be updated.)
1. Call the School Closure Hotline: 503-353-6020. This is available in English, Spanish, Russian, & Vietnamese. This will be updated by 6:30 a.m. IF there is a school closure or delay.
2. Go to the Headlines section on the school district web page, www.nclack.k12.or.us. This will be updated if there is a closure or delay.
3. Follow the district Twitter page (@nc12schools).
4. Become a Facebook friend of North Clackamas Schools and check Facebook in the early morning hours, or
5. Go to http://www.flashalert.net/ to sign up to receive a text message.
6. You will receive a text message through REMIND If you are subscribed.
-to subscribe send text to 971.252.3285 and text message @fa0a2
7. Check the news: TV Channels 2, 6, 8 and 12.
What does the Information mean?
When schools are closed for a day due to an emergency, weather or safety factors, the school building will not be used for day care, evening events, classes or activities. Unless otherwise stated, all evening meetings and activities are cancelled.
Schools will be opened, but two hours late. THERE MAY BE A DELAY FOR SPECIFIC SCHOOLS OR FOR CERTAIN SCHOOL LEVELS (SUCH AS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ONLY).
When there is a two-hour delay-
Early Release and Activities
When schools must close early, after school activities will be canceled and early transportation home will be necessary.
Our most important consideration is the safety of all families.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
The Winter Showcase is fast approaching! Fourth grade has been working diligently on our performance.
A Few Reminders
- This years Showcase will be held at Camp Withycomb located at : 15300 Minuteman Way, Clackamas, OR 97015
- The gates will open at 5:45 and the show will start promptly at 6:30
- ALL persons over the age of 18 will need a valid ID to pass through the gate
- Students in 4th grade may wear dress pants/dress shirts/ties/dresses/skirts. School uniforms are alright too!
- I will meet your child at Camp Withycomb. Please plan on arriving NO LATER than 6:15.
We are excited to dazzle you with our talent!
Monday, November 23, 2015
The staff of Cascade Heights cordially invites you to join us for the first of many Teacher Teas. Teacher Teas will be held on the second Tuesday of each month at 8:00 am. This is your chance to share ideas, questions, or concerns. The first teacher tea will be held on December 8th, 2015. Mrs. Adams will be the hosting teacher and looks forward to working with you.